Cristiano Ronaldo is considered by most football fans to be one of the greatest players to ever play the game, and his performances over the past decade have only reinforced this belief. Sir Alex Ferguson, Sporting CP’s legendary manager, immediately spotted Ronaldo as a promising wing player after he graduated from their youth program in Madeira.
In six years playing for Manchester United, Cristiano Ronaldo advanced from a winger with little vision and speed to a lethal player who threw himself into attacking situations. Prior to moving to Real Madrid as the world’s most expensive player, he won many trophies for Manchester United and Portugal. Shivam Dube Wife Anjum Khan Bio Images Wedding Images Net Worth
He helped Real Madrid win several trophies during his time at the club by breaking several important goalscoring records. Cristiano Ronaldo captained the first-ever Portuguese national team at Euro 2016 in his role as captain.
Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro was born in Funchal, Madeira, Portugal. Born to Maria Dolores dos Santos and Jose Dinis Aveiro, he was named after President Ronald Reagan, his father’s favorite actor. He has one older brother, Hugo, and two older sisters, Elma and Liliana Cátia, making him the youngest child in the family.
Ronaldo grew up in a small tin-roofed home that overlooked the ocean. He admitted being poor, sharing a room with his siblings. His father worked as a gardener and various jobs. To help keep some financial stability, Ronaldo’s mother worked as a cook and cleaning person.
His father also worked as an equipment manager for Andorinha, an amateur team. Ronaldo was introduced to football there, and he was a phenomenon at the age of ten. Cristiano Ronaldo spent two years playing for the local club Nacional.
In 1997, aged 12, he went on a three-day trial with Sporting Clube de Portugal. He impressed them, who signed him for a fee of £1,500, and he moved to Alcochete, near Lisbon, joining the football academy. He was expelled at the age of fourteen for disrespecting a teacher.
Cristiano Ronaldo Endorsement Deals:
As a result of endorsements, he earns an additional $40 million. According to reports, Cristiano signed a $1 billion “lifetime” deal with Nike in November. While the exact details of the deal have yet to be revealed, a $100 million signing bonus is believed to have been included.
A few of the endorsement companies include Nike sneakers, Sacoor Brothers suits, Monster headphones, Tag Heuer watches, Toyota, Samsung, Herbalife, Armani, PokerStars, Castrol, and others.
Cristiano Ronaldo House and Cars
He has a luxury house located in La Finca in Pozuelo de Alarcon, 10 km from Madrid that cost millions of dollars.
The property of the football player has an area of 798 square meters and is a one-story building. Inside, in addition to the above rooms, there are eight bathrooms and a children’s room. CR7 has another $7.2 million penthouses in New York, USA. PV Sindhu Biography, Personal Life, Achievements & Net Worth
- Before graduating to the senior team in 2002, Cristiano Ronaldo represented the under-16, under-17, under-18, and B-team teams at Sporting. In his league debut, he scored two goals to announce his arrival on the big stage. Sporting CP’s exploits made him a target for some of England’s biggest clubs, including Liverpool, Arsenal, and Manchester United.
- A professional football match between Cristiano Ronaldo and Manchester United was held in 2003. He was recruited into the English club the following year after Sir Alex Ferguson was impressed with his performance.
- Ronaldo scored three league goals in his first season at United, as well as a goal in the FA Cup final, helping the club to victory. Portuguese national team finished runner-up at European Championships thanks to two goals by Manchester United’s Ronaldo.
- He won three consecutive league titles as well as the Champions League during his six-year tenure with Manchester United. With 84 goals in 196 games for the club, Ronaldo has established himself as one of the world’s best.
- During the 2006 World Cup, Cristiano Ronaldo played an important role in helping Portugal reach the semifinals, scoring one goal during the competition.
- He was named the national team’s captain in 2005 but managed only one goal as his team crashed out of the European Championships the following year.
- Real Madrid bought Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United in 2009 for £ 80 million, making him the world’s most expensive player. 33 goals were scored by the young forward in his debut season. Seeing his record of 40 goals for Real Madrid break the entire league’s record and helping the team win the Copa del Rey in the following season, he broke the record for goals scored in the league.
- Portuguese soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo led the team to the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa, although he scored just once in a low-scoring tournament as Portugal lost to Spain in the round of 16.
- Portugal lost to Spain in a penalty shootout at the European Championships in 2012. In 2012, he was an inspiration for the team when he scored three goals in the semifinal.
- In 2012, Real Madrid won the Spanish title, Cristiano Ronaldo’s first league title with the club. His 60 goals across all competitions in all competitions contributed to Real Madrid’s title win with 100 points. All competitions saw him score 55 goals the following season.
- In the 2013-2014 season, Ronaldo led Real Madrid to their 10th UEFA Champions League title by scoring 51 goals. During a single season of the Champions League, Ronaldo scored 17 goals. The tournament has seen him score 89 total goals.
- With only one goal from him for Portugal, Ronaldo had a disappointing 2014 World Cup. A Portuguese player has never scored more than 50 goals for their country, so he currently holds this record.
- Ronaldo scored 61 goals in the first seasons of the Spanish league that year, becoming the fastest player to reach 200 goals in the league. His goal was reached after 178 games.
- In 2016, he steered Portugal to a Euro Cup victory. He was injured just 25 minutes into the final against France after being stretchered off the field.
- The match ended with Portugal winning. The Silver Boot went to Ronaldo because he had the second-best average of goals scored in the tournament.
- It was Cristiano Ronaldo’s oldest World Cup match ever when he scored a hat-trick in the 2018 World Cup. He scored three goals against Spain. A 2–1 Uruguayan victory knocked the Portuguese out of the tournament in the last 16 of the tournament.
Facts about Cristiano Ronaldo
- Is Cristiano Ronaldo a smoker?: Not at all
- Does Cristiano Ronaldo drink alcohol?: No
- As a child, Reagan’s father named him after Ronald Reagan, a favorite actor of his.
- His siblings and he shared a single room growing up, Ronaldo revealed in an interview.
- Since he was 14, he had been interested in becoming a semi-professional footballer, and his mother encouraged him to pursue his dream.
- He was expelled from school after throwing a chair at his teacher.
- Ronaldo suffered from racing heart as a child (a condition characterized by an elevated heartbeat).
- His signing during the season 2003-2004 marked Manchester United’s first-ever Portuguese player.
- The transfer fee he paid to Manchester United (12.24 million euros) made him the most expensive player ever in England’s soccer history.
- The number 7 (previously worn by George Best, Best, Beckham and Cantona) was chosen for him by Manchester United, when he asked for number 28.
- Cristiano Ronaldo referred to Alex Ferguson (Ronaldo’s manager in England) as his “father in sports”.
- Cristiano Ronaldo scored Manchester United’s first goal from a free kick.
- On 12 January 2008, Ronaldo scored his first hat-trick in his Manchester United career against Newcastle United.
An ankle injury kept him out of action for 10 weeks after surgery.
- “The best goal he had ever scored was a 40-yard strike goal against Porto,” he said.
- In May 2009, he scored the final goal of his Manchester United career with a free-kick.
- Ronaldo signed for Real Madrid for a world-record fee of 80 million euros (in 2009).
- He is well-deservedly regarded as a top player.
- Four European Golden Shoes have been won only by Cristiano Ronaldo.
- It was at Euro 2004 that he scored his country’s first goal.
- The player announced his pregnancy on 3 July 2010, but he hasn’t revealed the name of the mother of his child.
- His blood donation campaign does not interfere with his tattoo campaign, despite the fact he regularly gives blood.
- The autobiography he published in December 2007 is entitled Moments.
- He will own the most expensive car in the world in August 2020 when he purchases Bugatti La Voiture Noire. Only 10 Bugattis exist, and La Voiture Noire or Centodieci is valued at approximately 8.5 million euros (roughly Rs. 75 crores).
- The event coincided with Coca-Cola’s share price dropping by $ 4bn during Ronaldo’s press conference at the European Championship in 2021.
How many wives did Ronaldo have?
Despite never being married, Ronaldo is the father of four children. His first child, Cristiano Ronaldo Jr., was born on June 17, 2010, in the United States. The details of Cristiano Ronaldo Jr.’s mother remain unknown.
Who is Ronaldo’s lover?
Meet Portugal footballer Cristiano Ronaldo’s hot and glamorous girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez. Away from the football field, Ronaldo lives a luxurious life with Georgina Rodríguez, his girlfriend and mother to his three-year-old daughter, Alana.
Is Kendall Jenner dating Ronaldo?
Kendall Jenner has admitted she would go on a date with Cristiano Ronaldo in the wake of interest from the Real Madrid star. The model reportedly told a pal she was “flattered” that the Portuguese footballer had liked one of her photos on Instagram.
Is Ronaldo better than Messi?
Ronaldo’s international career puts him on a higher level than Messi. His three World Cup trophies fixed Pele’s stature as the best player ever, and Diego Maradona winning it for Argentina puts him before Messi. Only a victory at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar could change that.