The bold, smoky marinade elevates fried cauliflower in this version of our Chipotle-Lime Cauliflower Tacos meal preparation (see Associated Recipes). To reduce the preparation time, seek out cauliflower before entering the production department. You can also save time by using microwave quinoa bags (you will need one 8-ounce bag for this recipe) instead of cooking quinoa.
- ¼ cup lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped chipotles in adobo sauce (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled (see Associated Recipes)
- 1 cup no-salt-added canned black beans, rinsed
- ½ cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges (Optional)
- Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place the line on a large baking sheet with foil.
- Step 2
- Combine lemon juice, chipotle to taste, honey, garlic and salt in a blender. The process even becomes very smooth. Place the cauliflower in a large bowl; add the sauce and refresh the dressing. Transfer to a prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the onion over the cauliflower. Roast, stirring once, until cauliflower is sweet and brown in places, 18 to 20 minutes; set aside to cool.
- Step 3
- Divide the quinoa into four containers with one serving for one (1/2 cup each). Top each with one-fourth of the cauliflower mixture, 1/4 cup black beans and 2 tablespoons cheese. Cover containers and refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Step 4
- To reheat 1 bowl, remove lid and microwave High to heat, 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Top with 1/4 cup cabbage and 1/4 avocado (sliced). Serve with wedge wedge, if desired.
Supportive Size: 1 Bowl per serving: 345 calories; 13.3g protein; carbohydrates 46.9g; diet fiber 12.3g; sugar 8.9g; 13.3g fat; saturated fat 3.4g; 10.5mg cholesterol; vitamin a iu 406.6IU; vitamin c 54.9mg; history 163.1mcg; calcium 160.9mg; iron 3.3mg; magnesium 114.6mg; potassium 900mg; sodium 541.7mg; thiamin 0.3mg; extra sugar 4g. Trading:
2 Starch, 1 1/2 Fat, 1/2 Vegetables, 1/2 Lean Protein, 1/2 Medium Protein and Fat