It only takes a few minutes to combine this healthy uncooked breakfast and you will have a prepared breakfast and snacks on hand throughout the week. On top of these are delicious oats – inspired by the old cinnamon flavor – with fresh or frozen fruit and your favorite nuts and seeds.
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (see Tip)
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened nondairy milk, such as almond or coconut
- 8 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Combine oats, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt together in a large bowl. Divide between five ounce jars. Refrigerate the bottles and refrigerate overnight or up to 5 days.
Serving Size: 2/3 Cup Per Serve: 197 Calories; 5.5g protein; carbohydrates 34.7g; diet fiber 4.8g; sugar 7.7g; 4.3g fat; full 0.5g fat; vitamin a iu 251.9II; folate 19.5mcg; calcium 251.9mg; iron 1.7mg; magnesium 40.7mg; potassium 173.5mg; sodium 317.8mg; thiamin 0.2mg; extra sugar 6g. Trading:
2 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate