- 1 ¾ cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1 ½ cups grated carrots (about 3 medium carrots)
- ½ cup toasted chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup unsifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 ½ ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Insert a 12-cup tin can with paper liners; a cooking coat. Set aside. Whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, ginger and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk eggs, appleauce, brown sugar, powdered sugar and 1/2 cup yogurt in a large bowl; repeat with carrots, walnuts and half of the flour mixture until combined. Add the remaining flour mixture; repeat until just insert (some lumps can stay).
- Fill muffin cups prepared for three quarters full of batter (about 1/3 cup each). Bake until the muffins are golden and the wood-plated pickaxe comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Transfer to rack rack; let cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Whisk confectioners sugar, cream cheese and two tablespoons yogurt left in a small bowl; Add two to three teaspoons of water to achieve the desired consistency of the frost. Dollop and spread the snow over the cool muffins.
Serving Size: 1 Muffin Helps: 198 Calories; 5.2g protein; carbohydrates 32.8g; diet fiber 2.8g; sugar 17.9g; 5.5g fat; 1.2g saturated fat; cholesterol 34.6mg; i-vitamin a iu 2368.5IU; vitamin c 1mg; folate 13mcg; calcium 70.1mg; 0.5mg iron; magnesium 12.8mg; potassium 114.1mg; sodium 201mg; thiamin 2.2mg; add 15g sugar. Trading:
1 Fat, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Starch