Wondering what to do with the remaining salmon? This is a fun and easy way to turn it into another friendly, quick dinner. Don’t forget to store some pasta water – its starch thickens the lemon pasta sauce and makes it smooth.
- 8 ounces whole-wheat pasta
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups flaked cooked salmon (see Associated Recipes)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Step 1
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain, store 1/2 cup of boiling water in a cup.
- Step 2
- Add the oil, garlic, anchovy paste, crushed red pepper, lemon zest and lemon juice to a large skillet. Heat over medium heat until shiny, about three minutes. Add water, pasta, salmon, parsley and salt. Cook, stirring, until the sauce wears pasta, about two minutes. Serve full of breadcrumbs.
Serving Size: 1 1/3 Cup Per Serve: 473 Calories; protein 19.8g; carbohydrates 49.4g; diet fiber 5.9g; sugar 3.6g; fat 23g; saturated fat 3.4g; cholesterol 25.5mg; vitamin a iu 366.8IU; vitamin c 16.2mg; folate 59.2mcg; calcium 63.1mg; iron 2.8mg; magnesium 93.9mg; potassium 513mg; sodium 394.9mg; extra sugar 1g. Trading: