Cooked chicken breasts are cooked in the oven while combining a Mediterranean salad – topped with vegetables, orzo in wheat and a simple Greek-made vinaigrette – for a perfect weekend meal at the table in less than an hour. The remnants of this 400-calorie healthy meal make a delicious lunch for the next day.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (8 ounces each), halved
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- ¾ cup whole-wheat orzo
- 2 cups thinly sliced baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Step 2
- Drizzle chicken with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with lemon zest and 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper each. Place in a baking dish. Bake until a readable thermometer is placed in a thick section that registers 165 degrees F, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Step 3
- In the meantime, bring a liter of water to the intestines in an internal pan over high heat. Add the orzo and cook for 8 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for one more minute. Wash and rinse with cold water. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl. Add the cucumber, tomato, onion, feta and olives. Combine integration.
- Step 4
- Combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add only 1 teaspoon of dressing to the orzo mixture. Sprinkle the remaining dressing over the chicken and serve with a salad.
Serving Size: 1/2 Chicken Chest & 1 Cup Orzo Salad With Helping: 402 Calories; 32g protein; carbohydrates 28.3g; diet fiber 6.4g; sugar 2.8g; 7.5g fat; 3.5g saturated fat; cholesterol 91.1mg; vitamin a iu 1744.1IU; vitamin c 15.8mg; folate 51.5mcg; calcium 84mg; iron 1.1mg; magnesium 55.9mg; potassium 645.7mg; sodium 512.7mg; thiamin 0.2mg. Trading:
3 1/2 Reliable Protein, 2 1/2 Fats, 1 1/2 Starch, One Vegetable