This veggie-filled breakfast sandwich brings a healthy supply of protein and fresh vegetables to a low-carbohydrate sandwich.
- List Ingredient Checklist
- 4 multigrain sandwich thins
- Teas 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Tables 1 teaspoon crushed fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Eggs 4 eggs
- Cups 2 cups of fresh spinach leaves
- Tomato 1 medium tomato, cut into 8 small pieces
- Tablespoons 4 tablespoons low-fat cheese
- 4⅛ teaspoon of kosher salt
- Pepper Fresh black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Split sandwich thins; brush the cut sides with two tablespoons of olive oil. Put on a baking sheet; beans in the oven for about 5 minutes or until the edges are even lightly browned and cut.
- Meanwhile, on high heat skillet the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive and rosemary over medium heat. Break the eggs, one at a time, into a skillet. Cook for about a minute or until the whites are set but the extracts are still working. Break the screws with a spatula. Eggs Flip; cook on the other side until done. Remove from heat.
- Place the bottom pieces of fried sandwich cans on four serving plates. Divide the spinach between the sandwiches thins on plates. Top each with two slices of tomato, egg and 1 teaspoon of feta cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with small sandwiches left over.
Serving Size: 1 Sandwich Helper: 242 Calories; protein 13g; carbohydrates 25g; diet fiber 6.2g; sugar 3.2g; 11.7g fat; saturated fat 2.9g; cholesterol 214mg; vitamin a iu 2448.4IU; vitamin c 12mg; folate 28.7mcg; calcium 123.2mg; iron 3mg; magnesium 9.9mg; potassium 143.8mg; sodium 501.2mg. Trading:
1 1/2 Starch, 1 Fat, 1 Medium Protein Protein, 1/2 Vegetable Vegetables.