A homemade poppy garnish made in pairs well with tender spinach, spicy almonds and delicious berries with a refreshing and simple spring salad. To make it forward, whisk, add the salad ingredients and keep separately. Sprinkle salad dressing with just before serving. Make it a perfect meal, topped with grilled chicken or shrimp.
- 2 ½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (5 ounce) package baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
- Step 1
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, oil, poppy seeds, sugar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the spinach and strawberries and toss to coat. Sprinkle with almonds.
Helping Size: 1/2 Cups Helping: 154 calories; 2.5g protein; carbohydrates 7.1g; diet fiber 2.6g; sugar 3.4g; 13.3g fat; saturated fat 1.8g; cholesterol 3.6mg; i-vitamin a iu 2304.5IU; vitamin c 34.4mg; folate 13.5mcg; calcium 67.3mg; iron 1.6mg; magnesium 49mg; potassium 118.4mg; Sodium 228.2mg; extra sugar 1g. Trading:
2 1/2 Fat, 1/2 Fruit, 1/2 Vegetables