Whenever it comes to tennis players, the name Sania Mirza is first taken, she is the most successful female tennis player of India. He has won many medals on the basis of his amazing sports talent and has made India the name of the country all over the world.
Sania Mirza Biography
Sania is the best player to play singles and double tennis, has won several championships and has ranked herself at number 1 as India’s best player. Sania Mirza’s name has also been entered in the world rankings under 50. Rakhi Sawant Husband Ritesh Biography, Net Worth, Photos
The Padma Shri Award has also been awarded by the Government of India for his significant contribution to the sports world. They are not only very popular in the sports world, but are also very active in the world of glamor.
She has appeared as a guest on several TV shows. Along with this, she has also worked in many advertisements. Every Indian is proud of them, so let’s know some important things related to the life of India’s female star player Sania Mirza
Sania Mirza Birth, Childhood, Family, Education and Early Life – Sania Mirza Story
Sania Mirza / Sania Mirza was born on 15 November 1986 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. His father Imran Mirza was first a sports reporter, then started the business of printing, while his mother Naseema worked in the printing business.
Shortly after Sania’s birth, her family moved to Hyderabad, where Sania and her younger sister Anam were raised. Sania started playing tennis from the age of 6. Initially, Sania was trained in tennis by her father and later Sania was trained by Roger Anderson.
Sania later took up tennis training from institutions such as the “Sinnett” Tennis Academy Secunderabad and the S Tennis Academy of America. Sania started attending Nasr School in Hyderabad and later graduated from St. Mary’s College.
On 11 December 2008, Sania received her doctorate from MGR Educational and Research Institute University, Chennai. Sania is a better tennis player as well as a skilled swimmer.
Marriage and personal life of Sania Mirza – Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza Love Story
On April 12, 2010, Sania married Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik at the Taj Krishna Hotel in Hyderabad in a traditional Muslim ritual. In which he had to pay Rs 6.1 million to Shoaib’s family as per Pakistani matrimonial customs. He was later married in Lahore, Pakistan.
However, due to Shoaib being a Pakistani citizen, Sania Mirza also had to face a lot of criticism about this marriage. After marriage, in the year 2018, they gave birth to a son, named Izhaan Mirza Malik.
According to Google, at the time when they were married, Sania became the most searched female tennis player at the time as well as the best Indian woman player in 2010.
Sania Mirza’s career and success – Sania Mirza Career
Sania Mirza is considered one of the best tennis players not only in India but also in the world, she has been India’s number 1 tennis player for many years. His journey as a tennis player was excellent. He has also been awarded many awards due to his amazing sports talent. So let’s know about this great female tennis player of India-
- Sania Mirza was interested in tennis from the beginning, so she started taking tennis training from the age of just 6, initially Sania’s father taught her to play tennis.
- Her father had recognized Sania’s talent for playing tennis from the beginning, so to improve it, she trained her tennis training from good sports institutes in India and abroad. Let me tell you that Mahesh Bhupathi ji, who has been a great player of tennis, has also given training to Sania to play tennis and has given the necessary tectics, Sania can reach this stage today only after implementing her stated things.
- Sania played the first international tournament of her career in Jakarta in 1999 and represented India brilliantly in the World Junior Championship.
- In the year 2003 too, Sania performed her amazing game and won the title of Wimbledon Championship Girls Doubles and in the same year she got a chance to appear in the semi-finals of US Open Girls Doubles.
- In the year 2003 itself, Sania hoisted India’s glory by winning four gold medals in the Afro-Asian Games.
- After this, Sania’s hard work continued to pay off and due to her talent of playing tennis, she won the ITF singles title in 2004 and raised her head proudly.
- Sania continued to perform well in 2005, beating Petro Mandula in the first round of the Australian Open and famous tennis player Cindy Watson in the second round.
- Sania, who has earned the reputation of being the best tennis player with best sports performance, made history in the tennis world by reaching the third and fourth rounds of Tennis Grand Slam tournament in 2005.
- In 2006, Sania Mirza won the doubles title at the Australian Open, but after that she lost in the Dubai Tennis Championship.
- After this Sania Mirza also maintained her winning record in the Asian Games and won the gold medal in mixed doubles by winning gold medal and silver medal in women’s singles team.
- The year 2007 was the goldenest year of Sania Mirza’s career, during which Sania registered her name at number 27 in the world in singles rankings due to her outstanding sporting performances. With this, he raised the country’s head once again by winning 4 doubles titles this year.
- He then won a bronze medal at the Asian Games and proved his sporting talent again by winning the Grand Slam title in the doubles junior tournament with Russian player Alyssa Klebnova.
- The year 2008 was disappointing for Sania Mirza, due to injury during this time she could not participate in the French Open and Australian Open Tournaments.
- In the year 2009, Sania made a great comeback by winning the first Grand Slum in a mixed double with Mahesh Bhupathi at the Australian Open.
- The year 2011 was not much special for her, she was eliminated in the first round in the singles competition, while in the doubles event held this year she made her place in the finals at the French Open with Elena Vesnina.
- In 2013, Sania won the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championship with her partner Mattek-Sands although she could not win the Grand Slam this time. However, Sania later started playing with her other partner Cara Black and the pair then made their way into the tournament.
- In the 2014 US Open semi-finals, Sania and Cara won the mixed doubles title. In the same year, Sania won the International Premier Tennis League and made her talent known all over the world.
- In the year 2015, Sania Mirza won the Miami Open and in the same year Sania got her name in the first Grand Slam in the women’s doubles competition.
- In the year 2017, Sania Mirza suffered a loss and in the year 2018, due to injury she could not make it to the Australian Open.
- Apart from this, he has received 2 Gold, 3 Silver and 3 Bronze Medals in various sports, in 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2014 respectively. In addition, she received the Silver Medal in the women’s singles in the 2010 Common Wealth Game and the Bronze Medal in the Women’s Doubles.
Some famous controversies related to Sania Mirza – Sania Mirza Controversy
When Sania Mirza married Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik on 12 April 2010, she faced a lot of criticism from Indians. Along with this, there was a lot of controversy on the question of citizenship of India.
In the Rajya Sabha of Telangana itself, she was declared as a multi-Pakistani, due to which she remained in the headlines in the media for a long time. Sania was also in the news for Mirza’s breakup with her childhood friend Sohrab. Sudha Chandran Biography, Family, Husband, Award, Profile
During a function held in 2008, Sania Mirza stepped on the tricolor, which not only caused her to hear shrill comments from people but also a case under section 2 was filed against her by the Chief Judicial Magistrate.
Sania Mirza also made a lot of headlines during the time when her photograph was on the white ration card. Let us tell you that this card is given to people below the poverty line. Sania Mirza had to bear the sharp comments of some conservative Muslim society about wearing short skirts.
Sania Mirza Awards – Sania Mirza Awards:
The major awards given to Sania Mirza are as follows:
- Arjuna Award (2004)
- Wta New Comer Of The Year (2005)
- Padma Shri (2006)
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna (2015)
- In 2014, the Telangana government appointed Sania Mirza as its state’s brand ambassador.
- In the year 2016, Sania Mirza was included in Time magazine’s list of 100 Most Inspirational People leaving her unique mark on the world.
- In 2016, Sania was awarded Padma Bhushan, India’s third highest honor.
- In the year 2016, Sania was awarded the “NRI of the Year” award.
Surely Sania Mirza continues to be an inspiration for other girls. The country will always be proud of their success.